Typically, I’m not an overly “girly” girl, but I am a little obsessed with beauty products. I blame my Aunt Dee for this obsession as she’s the one who introduced me to makeup. When I was little, I’d spend hours organizing the makeup in her bathroom cabinet. To this day we still talk beauty and show off our latest and greatest finds when we’re together. I rarely brave the mall unless I need to pick something up from Sephora. Rob doesn’t understand why I don’t just order online. But, I could spend hours browsing around, looking for new products to try out. In the past I’ve tried to justify my pricey mineral makeup by mixing in lots of drug store brands. Lately I’ve been on the hunt for more natural, cruelty free brands that make products I can add into my regimen. There are lots more than there used to be! Here are a handful of products I’ve been using for years and a few new favorites too:
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, $36 – Great for gals that wear mineral makeup. It goes on like velvet and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
2. Badger Balm Sleep Balm, $10 – I keep this on my nightstand for sleepless nights; it contains organic botanicals that encourage relaxation and it’s also soothing on dry lips.
3. L’oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray, $15 – Strong hold without the helmet head. I wore this on my (crazy windy) wedding day and my hair didn’t move. I love that you can brush it out; sometimes I use it like dry shampoo on my bangs.
4. Benefit Cosmetics Boo Boo Zap, $16 – This fast-acting acne treatment is great for treating pesky blemishes that pop up overnight or after a long day at the office.
5. Everyday Shea Vanilla Mint Shampoo, $11 – This shampoo uses unrefined shea butter and virgin coconut oil to cleanse your hair without stripping it’s natural oils. I’ll admit it took some getting used to (your hair needs time to adjust) but I love how healthy my hair feels now. And, no more oily hair!
6. Arbonne Lip Polish in Posh, $24 – I’m a little obsessed with this stuff. It’s super shiny but not at all sticky. Posh is a pretty shade of pink that will work for just about any skin type.
7. Earth to Skin Heal Tastic, $10 – I hate shoes. When I’m not at work, you’ll find me barefoot or in flip-flops. My feet take a beating and this balm is a lifesaver!
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, $26 – This brand has got the Midas touch. I had a hard time choosing just one Tarte product, but this blush is by far my favorite. It goes on great over a made-up face or bare skin and it makes my skin glow.