5. You can use them for awesome crafts. Just check out this Pinterest board.
4. They’re glass; that means no scary plastic chemicals touching your food.
3. Easy single-serve meal prep
2. Dry storage of bulk foods
1. Canning & preserving food (naturally!)
If you don’t have any jars hanging around from Mom or Grandma, you can pick up a case at many grocery and mass merchandise stores for less than $15. Often they’re easier to find during the summer. Right now my local Target has them on an endcap right at the front of the store, but if you try to find them at Christmastime it’s a whole other shopping experience. Of course you can buy them anytime directly from the manufacturer but I like the instant gratification of picking them up in person. Besides, you’ll want to have your jars handy because we will be talking about each of the Top 5 Reasons You Need Mason Jars in more detail with recipes, how-to’s and links to useful resources online.